There has been a report on FRUA that an agency has contacted their families to let them know that everything is signed and they're in the next accreditation certification group. They won't know anything official until next week (the 28th again???) Here's the post:
|Posted on Saturday, February 23, 2008 - 09:18 am:|
OMG, we got an email from our agency sent yesterday that said that they got word (call) that they were in the group that was just reaccredited this week!!!!!!!!!!!!! However, it won't be OFFICIAL until next week! I sooooo hope it's true, our agency has always been very cautious about this, so it should really be true!!! Here's to ALL our agencies being in this group!!!
P.S. Ulymama, I know what you mean, we first started trying to adopt from Russia back in 2005, we went back to it last summer, it's just been forever....
May next week bring the news we've all been waiting for.....
Oh my goodness how I hope and pray with all my might that our agency is in this group! It has just got to happen soon!!!
So many people ask us why we have stuck it out with our agency this long. It is just not financially feasible for us to switch. We investigated a month or so back on switching and it would be another $30,000 for us and we just cannot do it. We are completely paid at our agency and all we'll need to pay from here on out is for travel and the "in Russia" stuff such as the Visa, doctor's visit, orphanage donation and consulate registration. Plus we really love our agency. They really have our best interest at heart and they are hurting too. Russia is their biggest program.
So, I guess we'll find out next week if we're in or out this month. What's done is most likely already done, now we just have to wait it out - again.
Edited Wednesday night 2/27: Still no word on accreditation. Our casemanager has been out of the office and I've been chicken to call the director. I've still got the 28th in my mind, so if we don't hear anything tomorrow, I'll call the director on the 29th.