04 September, 2008

An Incredible Hulk Day





Yesterday was what I've named an "Incredible Hulk" day. C is growing so quickly that he literally pops out of his clothes like the Incredible Hulk! The intense screaming, grunting and groaning that is part of one of these days also tends to make him look like the character on this post - just not green!

It's nearly as if he is growing before our very eyes! It's amazing! He is now 5 weeks 2 days old.

We haven't taken him to be weighed since Aug. 20, but I'm guessing he's getting close to 8 pounds by now. I had him in one of his preemie footless outfits yesterday and it was like 3/4 sleeves and capris on him!! We don't have very many newborn outfits, they're hard to find. So I'm trying to just make due until he can more easily wear the 0-3 mos clothes. He has a couple 0-3 Gerber zip up sleepers (love the zip up!!) that fit pretty well right now, his feet just go for a swim in them.

His looks are changing quickly too. He'll go through 2 or 3 different looks in one day sometimes. From super round face, to longish face and back to round face by bedtime!

Having a newborn is a very new experience. One that I truly didn't think I'd ever have and I was ok with that, really. But I must admit, it's fun!





P.S. It's weird to see such a boyish character as the Hulk on MY blog. I've been living in girlie land for so long that it's going to take some getting used to!


C looks like he's winking at you in the picture, "Hey Baby!"




C and I just love the bouncy seat! It's really one of the best "accessories" we've gotten. He likes the swing ok, but doesn't stay in it long, and it's not portable like this! He liked the hum of the blow dryer and fell fast asleep!

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

very cute!

MichelleAnn said...

Bouncy seats are a must have in my opinion! I just sold the ones we used for the twins at a garage sale and was embarrassed at how used they looked out in the sunlight! Both were even bent a little!

I thought the same thing when I saw the Hulk picture on your post! It still hasn't sunk in yet that you have a boy. It happened so quickly and was so unexpected. Life is full of surprises (mine was my twins).

Deb said...

I'm amazed at how fast Izzy grows. I'm sure C will be growing out of those 0-3's before you know it.

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

Cute! Just wait until he is two and goes through three sizes of shoes in the space of a month! And the Incredible Hulk???Well, let me tell you about my little monster dude! : ) You're going to love the differences a boy makes!

Michael, Carrie, and S said...

He is precious! That is so funny that he is busting out of his preemie clothes! That is good news that he is growing well!