09 April, 2008

So much progress on the new house

The last couple of weeks have been very busy with the new house.



  • Early last week the brick work on the outside was finally finished.




  • Then they moved inside and finished the fireplace rocks and placed the mantle.




  • Next the cabinets were delivered and installed.


  • The cabinet maker came on Saturday and delivered and installed the corbels to hold the island counter top. I really like them, not too foo-foo, not too plain.


  • Next the finish carpenters arrived and installed all the interior doors and trimmed them out.




  • Baseboards were installed.




  • Monday work was begun on the closet shelving and little extras inside there.






  • Yesterday they trimmed out all the windows and did the window sills.






  • Today they were installing the crown molding.






  • The painters came yesterday and began the caulking and prepwork before painting begins. This will take longer than we expected. Probably the rest of this week.



  • We met with the painter this morning and told him the colors we want and he will bring us some cabinet stain samples later this week. He says that on a house this size their part of the job will take about 3 weeks.


So, we're getting to the end things of the house. It's coming together quickly. We'll probably be in the house in about 5-6 weeks! Hallelujah!

12 comments:

U.N. Mama said...

Yay! I can't wait to see the house in person some day!

Adrienne, Another Ordinary Miracle said...

Suz, your house is going to be GORGEOUS! I LOVE the island's corbels. I just bragged on your house to Jim...love the arched doorways, love the pretty doors, love the fixtures you've chosen... can't wait to see it all finished!! You're getting close!

Chris said...

Looking Good! It makes me want to build a house! How exciting!

Amy said...

Your home is really coming along. I like all the details; the arches and corbels. Wow, in 5 or so weeks you can be living there.

Heidi said...

Wow, seems to be moving along nicely! I just l-o-v-e your door choices (and the rest too)!
Heidi

Detra, Matt 19:26 said...

SUZ!!!! Your house is absolutely gorgeous!!! As if it wouldn't be-- you have perfect taste! I'm so glad to see it coming along!!!

xoxo,

Detra
Matt 19:26

kate said...

WOW!!!

Joy said...

Wow is all I can say. What a beautiful home this is going to be. I love the kitchen. Once it is finished it will be gorgeous.
Joy

Becky and Keith said...

Your house is gorgeous!! I can't believe you are almost ready to move in! You did such a great job with all of the details!

Allison said...

Wow. It looks great!! I can't belive how quickly it's progressing (although I'm sure you feel differently). It is going to be beautiful.

Michael, Carrie, and S said...

The house looks great! It is really coming together so well. I know you all are excited!

judy said...

I will pray for the family you mentioned earlier.
I was just wondering through blog land looking into adoption (I am planning on adopting). If you get a chance please check out the beautiful luluby my sister wrote on my blog.
http://averyopenbook.blogspot.com/