06 December, 2007

So firm a foundation . . .

We will have a foundation poured tomorrow on our new house! I'm very behind in keeping the blog up to date on the latest advances in our new home construction, but things have been happening every day and it is very exciting!

Since I last posted, we have had the forms framed around the perimeter of the house; the plumber has done his initial pipe-laying work; the electrician has done his initial work and the cement crew was out today working like a little army of ants getting everything ready to pour cement tomorrow!

I've got pix of every step, but with the dial up we have now it is nearly impossible to post from home. I am at hubby's office right now, but D is playing on the computer where I can upload pix.

I'm heading up a Christmas Cookie Exchange tonight at our church. It should start in 15 minutes. No one is here yet, that doesn't bode too well, does it? We'll see if anything comes of it.

Gotta run, just wanted to check in!

update . . . the cookie swap was a success! We had about 10 participants and now have 10 different varieties of cookies to eat and share for the holiday!

2 comments:

Becky and Keith said...

Can't wait to see pics! Sounds like things are moving right along. When is the "date" things are supposed to be done-done? I know, it's probably a floating date, huh? :-) Hope your dad is doing well!

Kay B said...

Suz, Good to hear from you, I was wondering what has kept you from your blog. I guess Dial-up would do it. Anyway, I'm thinking of you often.