07 November, 2007

Family Fun . . . not so much


Syringe
Originally uploaded by yanivba

Yesterday after school, we drove to the Medical Clinic and our whole family had our flu shots. We tried to make it as fun as possible. We let D pick who went first. She picked me! Yep, it stung a bit, but I was brave. Then of course she chose Daddy to go next. She went last. I held her in my lap and she had to have the shot in her leg since her little arm is so thin. She watched! I can't do that! She remembers having the flu last year and her Pedi said she'd need the shot this year. D had to miss her Christmas party at school last year, so she was all for getting the shot so she wouldn't miss her party this year!

She was super brave and afterward we went to Wally-world and got a "prize." She chose a .50 pinwheel :O) gotta love that!

5 comments:

Kay B said...

Oh, I cannot watch! I cannot watch them poke me, I cannot watch them poke my kids. It's not the pain that bothers me it's just the squeemish thoughts of sticking something in me. I don't know why, but I just cannot watch.

Deb said...

I can't watch either. But Dave is a mess. He really doesn't like shots. But D has a good pain tolerance.

.50 toy! That's great.

Chelley said...

Ouch I am such a big baby!!

What do you think of the flu shots??? I have debated about this for a while

JennStar said...

A $.50 prize!!! You lucky Momma!! hehe

Michael, Carrie, and S said...

Ooohhh...yuck, flu shots! I'm sure you are glad that is over with now! Your daughter is so cute-picking out something worth 50 cents when she is offered a prize! :)