08 October, 2010

Long Time No Post

I'll add some pictures for our recent trip to SW Texas. We were surprised there were "mountains" there, weren't expecting that! We stayed in a log cabin and visited Lost Maples State Park.


We ate at a place called Mac and Ernie's that Guy Fieri visited for Diners, Drive-ins & Dives - click here. I must admit I'm kind of a snoot when it comes to going to Dives, but when I learned he'd featured it on his show, I was better about it. The food was pretty good!

Ok, here are the pics!


Here we are cooking our first supper outside our log cabin. Grandma and Grandpa stayed in another cabin called, Little Feather.


D was excited to climb her first tree.


When we were unloading the car, we had a little shower and this pretty rainbow appeared over the mountain.



We hiked in Lost Maples State Park, I like this picture of D & C walking together.



Walking across the rock bridge over the stream.


There were lots of beautiful butterflies. I was happy with the way this picture turned out!



C "fishing" with Mommy (he didn't have a hook!)



Daria looked so forward to fishing, but didn't get a nibble - yes, she had a hook. Maybe next time?


We enjoyed wading (D actually swam) in this spring fed part of the Sabinal River which was on the property of our cabins. The water was so clear.


D and I rode horses on Saturday. She has ridden a few horses before, but doesn't really remember it. But never before for this long and all on her on. We had a trail ride of 30-45 minutes. The horse she rode is named Red.

No comments: