02 July, 2008

D's "disease" and a very interesting web site to check out

Hey y'all.

D has Fifth Disease. So, that is what the mystery rash is. Now that I know what it is, I can thump my head and say, "duh!"

And for the interesting website, this lady had resolved to cook every day of 2008 in her Crock Pot. She is even going to be on Rachel Ray next week, on July 9!!!

This is very interesting to me and hopefully I'll gain some great recipes from her site. These hot Texas summer days are great times for crock pot cooking.

**Edited to change the Rachel Ray date, her segment got bumped up from July 23 to the 9th!

5 comments:

Suzanne said...

Yeah, that one had me all atwitter too. So nice that it really doesn't amount to anything.

sandy said...

Fifth's disease... I think that was going around a couple of years ago when the twins were in preschool. I think the nickname for it was 'slapped cheek', because of the red cheeks associated with it. It wasn't really that big of a deal.

I have learned this lesson today regarding paperwork for Russia... just when you think you're done, there's more. I really thought I would be done yesterday, getting the last bits apostilled. Today they asked for something else. I suppose it's forward progress, it's just exhausting.

Good luck!!

Sig said...

I've benn looking for some crockpot recipes. I'll have to check it out, thanks.

Melissa said...

glad you figured out what the rash was. to this day, we are uncertain what caused kevin's rash a year ago. we think it might have been the dryer sheets, but who knows

Stephanie said...

I love my crock pot! Thanks for the cool site and glad you got D diagnosed!